Monday, August 22, 2011

You're kidding, right?

My real estate agent called me at 1:00 to tell me he would not be making my 9:30 meeting and said he would be in the office at 4:00.

I advised him that I was virtually certain that items were disappearing from the house and that I wanted to take inventory. He wanted to check with the house sitter. I don't care if he is ready or not.

Then we talked about the boat. "Maybe Geoffery can bring it in this week and you can have it inspected then." No maybes, I'll take the boat when I go over to conduct an inventory per the purchase agreement. That kind of threw him for a loop. Now I have to see if I can get someone to survey the boat for me.

Speaking of survey the purchase contract describes the property as being bounded by three other properties, without any coordinates. No, I want latitude and longitude demarkations. "Well it says how big it is." Bonehead, the neighbors aren't party to the size, the only thing they need to agree to is where their property ends. It turns out Mark went out there with the corregador and the caretaker on one of the lots agreed verbally where he understands the lot he tends ends.

Really, I want a signed agreement with the neighbors that their land does not lie within the boundaries of the survey. "Yeah, you should have it surveyed again." "I am not trying to get a definition of a bunch of points on land, I want the signed acknowledgement of my neighbors that they have no claims on this land.

"The land on the right is empty, there is nobody on it." I don't care, get a survey, found out who the owner is, do your job.

For fourteen thousand dollars a guy should be willing to do a modicum of work to facilitate a transaction. This is bananas country.

No comments:

Post a Comment