Sunday, August 21, 2011

House Activity

Boat

Now that I am aware of the complete and utter irresponsibility of Geoffrey, the occupant and ostensible house sitter of the property I am trying to purchase I felt it my responsibility to have the boat that comes with the house inspected.

Me
I guess it's time to take the boat in for a survey and have the engine looked at. I'd like to do it tomorrow.

Please advise. Call me if you don't hear back from me within half an hour.
Real Estate Agent
Been away from email and will be so until tomorrow morning. As for the boat inspected who would you like to do it? Maybe do it when Geoffrey comes to town one day? Just do remember that the sale is not contingent on the boat. It's a freebie thrown in.
Me
Now I see the boat isn't written into the purchase contract.
Real Estate Agent
Boat is owned in the name of the sellers not the corporation. I am of to Drago so I will be back online tomorrow or stop by the office after 9 30 tomorrow.
Me
Considering the boat as a freebie thrown in is about as justifiable as saying the house is a freebie thrown in with the property.

This was part of my offer to buy contract. I see that it has been omitted from all subsequent documentation.

This is unacceptable.

Security

I got together with a friend, we contacted Pepe, the welder and set about to measure the windows of the outbuilding for security bars. I boat was secured at the agreed rate of $20 round trip for the three of us. Not bad a similar duration trip to Red Frog would be about $5 a person.

Arriving at the house, the house sitter Geoffrey was on the dock. A large panga was alongside the dock and one of the most notorious crooks in Bocas was having a friendly conversation with the scheisskopf that is aggravating me.

"What is going on?" "I'm here to measure the windows." "I'm in the middle of a lot of stuff." "You are doing nothing, I'm trying to get ready to move in here while you are not working on getting out. I've cleared this with the owner." "I don't wan't you going through the house." "I am going to the outbuilding, I don't need to go through the house." "You have to go through the house to get to the outbuilding." "I am walking around on the deck, Geoffrey."

"There is stuff everywhere, we are in the middle of packing. The dog is sick, my wife is sick." I ignored him and got out of the boat. Pepe was reluctant to follow but by the time I made it to the the far end of the dock, he got out of the boat and I coaxed him up the stairs.

The dog was running around on the deck yapping, certainly not looking ill. The wife was sitting at the kitchen counter, I didn't try to evaluate her.

The window and door measurements were quickly taken and written down and we returned to Casa Verde. I dragged Stephen over to talk to Pepe. Stephen has needed welding done for months. His last quote was $2,000 to tack weld 20 I beams. Pepe doesn't have a generator, but I'll have a 20 amp 220 volt generator with closing. Geoffery's estimate to weld was $90, no onsite inspection necessary.

A reader replies

you are buying a corporation...

the lot and the house are a freebie thrown in a corporation....

corporation sales purchases contract also list and describe the inventory of physical assets, accounting records, debts, liabilities, etc. in a corporation.

The owner will have to draft a sales contract to transfer the boat to you so you will be able to register the boat under your name or the corporation name. You only need the hull make, model, year and place of fabrication, and the engine information to draft a boat sales contract.


No comments:

Post a Comment