Thursday, August 11, 2011

Composting Inspection

As I was walking down to Lilly's to meet with David, composting toilet guy I ran into Mark, my real estate agent. We ambled down the main street and arrived in front of Lilly's cafe with a minute to spare. At precisely nine Morgan, the boat operator showed up. Four minutes later Mark called David who appeared from his office above Lilly's.

David secured some legally required life jackets and we headed out to the house, arriving in ten minutes. We climbed about 90 of the steps, 10 short of the deck, exited through a gate and walked around the side of the elevated house.

Twenty feet from the composting tank David uttered, "Here we go again!" The handle on the side of the tank for agitating the contents was not in the operating position. Vile brown fluid flowed down the front of the unit and across the concrete platform. A plastic bag filled with wet sawdust gave silent testimony to the source of the problem. "I've told him, every time I've come out here to fix this that he has to use wood chips, not sawdust." A voice came from the deck above use, Jeff the tenant from hell, "I've done everything you told me to do, I have been using wood chips." We looked at each other in utter disbelief.

David said that the pvc needs to be rerun and the system cleaned out. We left while Jeff muttered about the miserable system. David said "I have four such units under my hotel, we have eight double occupancy rooms and we have had no problems in ten years." Oh well, no point shouting down a well.

I asked David when he could fix it. "No point in fixing it until Jeff is out of there." Mark asked me when I was prepared to close. "When everything is fixed and all documents are in order. Nobody is waiting on me. In answer to the unasked question, no I won't close, assume occupancy and then have the system fixed, get Jeff the hell out of there."

Now Mark had the unenviable task of asking the house owner to evict his house sitter. To the rational house owner this is a no brainer, the guy is more trouble than he is worth.

I paid David his $50 fee and told Morgan I'd see him around. "Speaking of Morgan, did you hear they found Henry Morgan's ship?"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/08/11/rum-remains-of-captain-morgan-s-ship-finally-found-91466-29215933/

http://abcnews.go.com/International/captain-morgans-long-lost-pirate-ship-unearthed/story?id=14261866


Clean Water Compost
A Division of Clean Water Construction
Eco - friendly water and waste systems
Desing and sales with Sun - Mar composting systems

David B. Miner
Bocas Cell: 6688-6446
U.S. Phone 719 266-2359
cwccompost @ comcast.net
http://www.cwc-compost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment