Friday, July 29, 2011

House Purchase Legal Work

Early this morning the rain was pouring, nearing six I was still banging away at code finishing off a highly productive night. I awoke after noon to a slew of emails and started tending to business.

My dear friend Walter also a real estate agent a reader of this blog and all round hell of a nice guy has advised me to ensure the following

Walter Kawano has advised that I request the following:

Make sure all corporation fees are up to date

That the corporations transfer to me free of debt and liability the following permits and plans up date
  • the building permits
  • the occupation permit
  • the approved house plans
  • the approved electric plans
  • the approved sanitary and plumbing plans approved
  • and related documents
Verification the corporations have no penalties to be paid to the ministry of finances.

Furthermore he has corrected me and told me that foreigners are allowed to own titled property in Panama, it is land sold with Right of Possession that requires ownership through a corporation, but more on that later.

I tried to contact the company that installed the solar power system. My real estate agent, the listing agent for this property gave me their contact information. I sent off an email and it bounced within a minute.

The floating home builder sent me some ideas on how to break up the external lines on the floating house.

No comments:

Post a Comment