Sunday, July 31, 2011

Activity and Hanging Out

My circadia ain't got no rhythm.

I woke up at 11:30 after going to bed at five in the morning. The day was glorious but I spent three hours finishing off some code. A bit after two I made my way to Casa Verde to see Skip the floating house builder and his sidekick Jeff at my favorite venue, Casa Verde.

I showed Skip a bunch of pictures of floating houses on the web and made some radical design changes, opting for widening the boat, making the "front" the port side, sliding a bunch of rooms around and adding an acre or two of glass. Skip took it in stride. Jeff and I discussed some other business opportunities and I helped him set up a Gmail account and showed him how to suck his contacts and mail out the detested yahoo mail he has been using.

We looked at four boats extending from Casa Verde to Stephen's house, none were operative and lamented our inability to fulfill our destiny in these beautiful waters of the Caribbean. Ok, I'm three weeks away from my first boat here, I can hang on.

Walter showed up, then sweet Nikelda and we just generally hung out, cruised the town in the mobile mural, his tiny little red van, went down to the park to see the $40,000 palapa under construction at a cost of $180,000 (it's no better in banana's country than it is in the states), sat in front of the park and greeted the locals and interacted with the tourists.

More emails and then some music and some highly overpriced fish tacos at Casa Verde. My fish tacos are far better and are not stretched out with rice and beans. The bill for the three of us came to $21 for the tacos alone. Between them all there was maybe $0.60 worth of fish and it wasn't even high quality fish. Time for me to start entertaining more at home.

The band played, more locals joined us, we shot the shit and I headed home early to get some work done.

Another day of activity on the house and the floating house tomorrow, then a quick four day break to meet up with some dear old friends in Fortuna, Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment