Sunday, July 17, 2011

Computer Recovery

Last night I saw one of my neighbors in the street and told her about my theft over dinner and offered a reward for the return of my stuff no questions asked

Missing

Sony Viao Computer
Asus Netbook Computer
Amazon Kindle
Canon DX10 Camera
Fenix LD20 Flashlight

I had a knock on my door at 12:30. My neighbor Grant is caretaker to this place and has a key to the gate. With him was his neighbor, the woman with whom I had spoken. She said she had found out where my computers were and would have them delivered in the morning. She also said that it had been stolen by two kids.

This morning Carlos took me to the office of investigations and while I was filing a report my landlord Bernd called and said that Jeana, my neighbor had my computers.

Bernd, Carlos and my friend Stephen all said I should report her to the police. But I had given my word and a man is only as good as his word. While filing the report I was advised I had to present my passport. When I returned to my apartment my landlord was changing the lock on the front door and said that nobody had a key to the back door. I went to Jeana's and collected my computers.

Carlos as my translator advised the police about Jeana's role in this matter but asked them to leave it out of the report. Jeana came in while I was filing, scared as hell. When I was done, I went over to Jeana's showed her the report and the fact that her name was not in it. I also told her she had to get the rest of my stuff back.

Hell, the other stuff is only an expense. Now I have more than a couple people seriously disappointed the police won't be hunting down the thieves and incarcerating them, but once again, I gave my word. I'm just very glad to have my computers back.

Returning to the apartment I rekeyed the back door. Now it's time to rekey the lower locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment