Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Damn Chase

I am trying to wire some earnest money for the house, but I'm not set up for online wire transfers with Chase Bank. Last week I changed my cell phone number on their site and was notified that it takes up to five business days for it to post. Welcome to the 20th Century Chase, that's a week.

Yesterday I went to the ATM to get money to pay my rent, called my landlord from the taxi (it was raining) and asked him to come over and pick up the money. That was the last I saw of my phone, it must have slipped out of my cargo pants pocket. Can't wait to get my new fanny pack that I ordered from Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

I walked down to the pharmacy, which sells everything from drugs to pellet rifles and paint and bought another cell phone, $35. When you go through cell phones the way I do, you go with the cheap ones, then sent out a bunch of emails to get the phone numbers for my friends that I had lost and to notify them of my new number.

Several messages were exchanged with the guy who is designing my floating house, we will be meeting tomorrow.

I registered an internet domain for a software product I will be announcing later this year and worked on the code. I figured it was about time to do a full backup of my hundreds of gigabytes of code and databases and did so, using a fast tool, it ran for only twenty minutes. Tomorrow I shall store the backup disk off site.

Rainy day in paradise. Another unsatisfactory nights sleep, damn ribs.

This morning the weather is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment