Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guess I'm Here to Stay

I signed a contract on a house today.

The property owner of the above property is in Scotland, about five hours ahead of the time here. I talked with my real estate agent and emailed an offer. He replied, "They have more money in the house alone than this offer. It's all nispero. That's very expensive wood." "Not my problem."

He sent them an email, they countered, I countered, they countered, I countered. They rejected. Apparently the house has been getting a lot of viewings lately. I replied, "Ok, I'll lower my offer, if lots of people are viewing and nobody is putting in an offer then they know the place is overpriced. This is my final offer. Cash buy, closing in thirty days."

They took the offer. House comes with all furnishings and a boat.

Now I have to have somebody go over and inspect the $4,000 worth of batteries that are charged by the solar panel system.

The only operating cost for this house is the groundskeeper/guard about $400 a month. For that he also cleans the house every damn day, will do varnishing, planting, anything I want.

When I want to travel I should be able to rent it out for a week at a time. In the high season it is very difficult to find accommodations here.

Next up, get another boat, a gun safe, an alarm system, some security cameras and build some cabinas over the water and plant a bunch of fruit trees.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment