Monday, July 25, 2011

Floating House Designs

Skip and I exchanged quite a few emails and a couple of phone calls. "Make the bedrooms bigger, pull out the bathroom flush with the bedroom walls. Put in a spiral stair case. Make the deck 40'. No, make it 30'.

Drawings were sent promptly.

I have two foot square tiles on the floor of my apartment so visualizing the spaces is quite easy.

A good friend of mine, in Florida who owns a shitload of property in Bocas and has suffered through the building process repeatedly expressed some serious interest, but I think he'll let me be the guinea pig. As he says, "there is no such thing as competition, only people offering alternatives." The more, the merrier. During the low season, very few places are full and they are the low end backpacker type places. I have no interest in catering to people who want to pay $12.50 a day for a bed. There are surprisingly few choices for luxurious accommodations.

I am running out of time here, I am scheduled to leave in a few days for a week to visit some friends in Costa Rica. I'll bring my netbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment