Thursday, May 6, 2010

Puerto Narino

I was in Leticia for what, five days? I couldn't find anybody to take me into the jungle. This morning I went down to Tres Fronteras (three frontiers, Colombia, Peru, Brazil all intersect there) and bought a ticket to Puerto Narino. In five minutes I was on the boat and 80 minutes later was dropped off at a very small town most of the way across this little strip of Colombia on the banks of the Amazon. The trip was comfortable, fast, dry and cheap, 28.000 pesos.

Trips here were amazingly easy to set up. I had the opportunity to schedule trips for just me starting this evening. I walked to the observation tower to the end of the trail on the east end of town and to the west end of town.

I can't take it anymore. I am done with this post. Three teenage girls giggling their asses off loudly, the girl next to me is downloading music videos. The bandwidth is bad so it buffers, plays this shit music that sounds like its in a loop, pauses to buffer some more and then repeats.

Pictures should be available tomorrow afternoon, hopefully some of these people will be in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment