Sunday, May 9, 2010

Iquitos, Peru

I just made it to Iquitos after an 8 hour boat ride from Caballochoca.

Some guy at a random government agency took me for a tour around town, gave him someone to practice his english on. He showed me a lovely hotel. My room is downtown, poolside with a California King. I deserve a little luxury. This is $99 sol per night about $35.

Tomorrow I have been invited to couch surf at the house of a local tour guide. I´ll give an update tonight, but I guess I am one step ahead of the murders. I just got this in my email.

Jim,

Thanks for the photos. I am at the Bogota airport waiting to depart. It is 3600 pesos per half hour of internet. Where the hell are you now ? I saw on the news last night narcos killed a soldier in Puerto Narino. There was a narco related shooting at the video bar in Leticia at 2am Friday - I left the bar at 10 pm. - dangerous little country. Be careful & good luck !

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment