Friday, September 4, 2009

Water is Good

Water

Water is good. After analyzing the pipes and which faucets had good pressure and which ones had bad pressure I was left with the simple conclusion that the filters were clogged.. The idiot former tenants jammed plastic bags in the filters, broke them taped them up, I have no idea what they thought they were doing.

There are three filters in series, two with wound cord filters and one with chipped granite. Washing out the filters fixed everything, but I certainly understand Saskia’s statement that I shouldn’t drink the water. I might have to get it tested and put in a reverse osmosis and an activated charcoal filter for drinking water. Shlepping 20 liter bottles in from town and up the hill is not a pleasant long term prospect.

I worked my 8 – 9 straight through and quit at 3:00 went for a swim, came back, rode by ride into town, pretty mundane stuff. Now I use the outside shower when I come back from the beach so that I don’t track sand into the house. I got back ten minutes ago and now it is pouring down rain. Rain on a tin roof is awesome. I have the doors open and the wind is blowing stuff off the tables. I just love it here

No comments:

Post a Comment