Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Visit to the Resort

I don't know.  My computer was out for a while.  Same shit different day.

But you asked for it, so here I recall Monday's activity.

Issis and I had a coffee while Ella slumbered.  Then another one.  We just stood on the deck admiring the view.  So tranquil and quiet a breaking dawn.   An hour later Ella appeared.   Issis fixed a quick breakfast and we headed down to the boat.

With plenty of gas there was no need to go to town, so we headed east to the cut and south.  "Where are we going?"  "Wherever my spirit moves me." Hell, I didn't know.

Oh yeah, Issis wanted to see Haciena del Toro.  Off to Dolphin Bay.  Before we got there we ran into five.  Actually we didn't hit any, but five surfaced right near the skiff.  I slowed down to idle, primarily to avoid injury to the dolphins with a side benefit of extending our viewing time.  The dolphins headed off, we proceeded on course.

It amazes me how few people notice the wandering course I take. You have to know the waters. Rocks and sand bars and coral can be in places where they are disclosed by water color and in still water the telltale disturbances don't exist.  Around a shoal into an opening, left, right, past a house.  Looks like I am heading into the mangroves.  A narrow, shallow cut through the mangroves, barely wider than the boat never fails to satisfy.  Right, left, an arc, right, swing left, between some sticks that marked the opening to a channel.  Down a canal to a lagoon. We docked.  "All right, you are now crew,  at least learn use a cleat."

We explored the property which is giving me so much grief. It's beautiful, but a pain in the ass.  Up to the bar to take in the view.  Over to the house.  I took a hanging chair, Issis another and we just hung out at soaked in the breeze and view.  Issis was overwhelmed by the potential of the place.

I was annoyed that the person that was to have started on Monday to work and guard the place obviously never showed.  We boated around trying to find his house, but I had but the vaguest idea where it was, just general descriptions.  We never found the place but the exploring was  fun.

Issis wanted to go back to where she was staying. She had no personal effects and another day in the same clothes was a bit much for her.   So, we headed out to Bastimentos and I dropped off at the last dock in Old Bank where she would trek for a while through the jungle to the organic farm she was working at.  Gotta love a woman who knows all sorts of exotic food plants, knows how to grow them and cook them.  Sure doesn't hurt if she looks stunning in a bikini.

Ella went off and procured the ingredients for a typical Chinese meal and cooked up five or six dishes.  It was nothing like anything I have ever had in a  Chinese restaurant. Not surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment