Monday, June 24, 2013

Prattling

Maybe I should go back to just reporting interesting things.

Monday

Ah Shit.  The stock market is still going down.  I thought that the response to the Fed announcement on quantitative easing was irrational. The news was a bright economic outlook.  Friday is always a cashout day anyway.

I got on my computer and made sure that I had trailing stop percentage sell orders in place until I lost internet connectivity.  Off to town to continue.

I had promised myself that I would not subject my new computer to rain, salt water and endless hours of pounding, but this called for action, the cost of the computer was trivial in compared to the losses in the making.  

No electricity in town.   One of the three diesel generators that power this town was being replaced.   Why is there not sufficient capacity to run on two while maintenance is done on one of them?  These things are beyond comprehension.  I bought a replacement battery for my backup phone.

I stopped by Chris's boat.  "Got any food?" "No." "Coffee?" "No." Of course not.  Why did I ask?

He was charging his batteries so I plugged in my computer.  One of my two phones that was dead was hooked up to my computer the computer powered up.   Wow!  Minutes later it was fully charged.  So I have eight chargers that won't charge this phone.  Cheap, Chinese pieces of shit, Nokia knockoffs too, apparently.

Where to for lunch?  I'll go check on Grumpy.  Nope, the Pickled Parrot was closed.

Back to Casa Verde.  It started to rain.  I undid the bowline, leaving the stern line until I got the motor started.  One quick pull and I lurched forward and slammed to a stop with the stern rope taut.  WTF?  It's not supposed to pull while in gear.  I hurried to town.   Yes! Electricity.  Of course, their internet was not working.   I have no idea how they manage to make the thing so unreliable.  Where is that girl that is coming?  No way to check my email.   Oh well, when it stops raining, I'll scrounge one up somewhere.

I wish they would hurry up with that burger.  I have to get online.  Trying not to each junk food, but when it's raining and after one and I haven't eaten yet, well, one won't hurt, much.

Bought a thumb drive.  Walking down the street, a cute young woman with a couple of guys.  "That's Jim, the coolest guy ever."  "Thanks, Melissa, but recruit me a cute girl." "Haha, like you need help."  Pepper Spary?  Sure, why not.  If I think about it and don't buy it, I'll regret.  Not that I will ever have it in reach.  If I carry it in my pocket, I will lose it in ten minutes.  "Hi Jim!" "Hola Nadia." "Hey!" (Jesus, fucking Sombra."  "Que paso, Mr. Jim?"  "Todo bien, Carlos."  And so it went.  The locals up and down third avenue.

Jesus I need to epoxy that exposed wood on the boat.

Windows 8 blows.

A start panel with a bunch of apps that are only full screen.  This is not a tablet, this is a frigging computer.  Want to run a program?  Hit Windows C, Search and try to guess the name of the program.  Nice, you frigging clowns.  Want a program to start up automatically just open the file explorer if you can type it and type shell:start that will bring you to the folder into which you should create your shortcut.   Now, good luck trying to find out where the program is located.  What the hell is wrong with these idiots?

Got to visit Kirk and drill a hole for that through hull fitting for the bilge pump. Of course the battery is about to die.  I lent my battery charger, brand new $240 to somebody.  It was stolen while he was using it.  He claims I was storing it there and is not responsible for thef

Still raining.

Can I create a live boot thumb drive and recover the stuff I have at home?  Oh, it's not at home, it's across town.  Damn, I need a 3.0 USB external disk drive case.  "Tiena una disco caja?"  Of course not.  What was I thinking?

Writing at 2MB/sec.  Jesus.  I finally got a computer that supports USB 3 and I don't have any peripherals other than 2.0.

I got my hamburger.  "Did I piss you off?" "Como?"  "Did you run out of meat?" "Como?" "No mas molida?  Este muy poco."  WTF?  That's a hamburger?

I need a break.  Cuba?  Thailand?

Shit, I have to send off money to the guy in Panama City to get my camera repaired.

Trouble in Paradise.  Here comes crazy.  Sorry you ran out of meds, you should do something about it.  But please don't come and bitch to me about everything in your pathetic life that annoys you.  Three more weeks and you are on to Colomb?ia. Why don't you go now and study your Spanish there?

Hola Cuba!  

Why the hell won't my computer connect to my phone?  This bluetooth configuration screen blows.

Cuba wanted to charge his phone on my computer.  His charger won't work on his phone.  Huh, I plugged it in and had to wiggle it then it worked on mine. Same thing as with the USB cable from my computer.  This frigging phone was $60 and I only plugged in the USB once before.

Well done. All phone batteries charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment