Thursday, February 23, 2012

Now We Know

I went to the closest resort to my house last Tuesday, Los Secretos, a wonderful place on a hill with panoramic views. with charming.  I met all the staff, hell I knew them already.  A woman named Lindsey had her hand splinted.  "What happened?"  "I punched somebody." I pried no further.

Today I was at Casa Verde talking to some guy.  He told me his head was sore as some woman had punched him in the head.  "What the hell?"  "Yeah, we were at the Bookstore and Dave offered to pay a woman $100 to punch someone in the head and I volunteered.  "And your head hurts?"  "Yeah, she's really buff, a surfer. "Lindsey Buchanan?"  "Yeah."  "Sweet little Lindsey?"

"She knocked out one guy, 6'3" and 260 pounds." It's Bocas, the truth is elusive, perhaps extinct, but anything is possible.

I don't think they sell books at the bookstore.  The shelves are full of books.  But the drinks start flowing heavily before noon.  It's a locals place, for professional drinkers and Canadians only.  Dave is ... well words escape me.

No comments:

Post a Comment