Sunday, February 5, 2012

In David Indefinitely - Resort

Even if I wanted to leave David, it would be impossible.  The roads in both directions are blocked by Ngobe Indians protesting a proposed mine.

My wonderful driver, Jaime was a builder in a former life and has a great many ideas on construction and will drive me around David so I can price some of these components.   We are going to draw up a bill of materials for the water catchment system and everything to build my new house in Loma Partida and have  everything shipped at once so we can get through construction.

So here's the plan, I flatten out a piece of land on the highest ground, may or may not lay a concrete foundation.   Build a chicken coop with a tin roof, add a catchment edge (consider gutter).  It will drain into one tank.  Two other 1,500 gallon tanks will be connected so all tanks will fill to the same height at the same time.  I have to check to see if the height of the second hill is sufficiently higher than the sea side hill that I could feed adequate pressure without a pump.   That would be 80 feet to get 40 PSI, I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

Looks like the most expensive part  of this operation is going to be solar power and refrigerators.

Well, it's super bowl Sunday.  I am going to try to watch the game by using a proxy to view it from the U.S. sight.   Why do they not want people in other countries to watch? That would increase the audience for the advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment