Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Day in Bocas Town

A dog died from eating rat poison.  Conflicts over running a restaurant.  Rumors and innuendo.  Helping a woman walk her bike down a three foot gentle ramp because she was too hungover at three p.m. to pull it off herself.  

Pleased with the new prop.  Changed the engine oil on the boat.

Hung out for dinner.

Shopped, back to get boat, ran into a former room-mate, talked with her for a while.  A distraught extremely drunk person walked over lamenting his woes and rebuffs.

"Dude, that boat is crashing into your boat, smashing the cowling."  The cowling is the engine cover, they cost $1,000.  Yup, some dickhead had improperly tied his boat right behind mine and it had smashed into my outboard, making a huge crack in the cover.  I started to move the other boat.  "What fuckhead owns this boat?"  "That's mine."  "Yeah, you smashed my cowling."  "I've only been here two minutes and I was watching it all the time.  "Dude, you were passed standing out for ten minutes.   You've been here half an hour."  "I didn't fuck up your outboard."  "We'll talk about it tomorrow when you might remember the conversation."

He hoped in his boat full bored it out, rocked all the boats in the slips and went home.

Great.  I'm sure I'm never gonna collect from this fuckstick.  Actually, usually he is a great guy.

I returned to my seat.  "Yeah, I saw it smash into your boat, but don't get me involved, XXXX is a good friend of mine."  Two other people, who had come to warn me went on at length about the boat smashing into me.  I got it I saw the damage.


No comments:

Post a Comment