Saturday, November 5, 2011

Boating

I had to run into town to pick up a friend who's boat I was taking care of got pulled and was told my registration was out of date and I'd have to care of it the next day or the boat would be seized.  Great way to start the day. I docked the boat at Casa Verde which is next to Stephens house.  He put his new battery on board.  I looked at the bikini clad women on the dock.  "Hey anybody want to go for a boat ride?"   We got two takers a woman I would regret and one I wouldn't and headed out my house.   The plan was for Stephen to put the battery in and take the women back but he took one and I the other.  "Hey you want to see a cool place?"  "Sure"  We headed out Clyde and Vern's and were greeted with the usual charm and my companion was awestruck by everything, the guys, the house, the gardens, the views.  Then back to Bocas.

"Hey Jim, I just heard you took Margot to the most awesome place she's ever been."  We had a great dinner and was asked a lot of questions.   The only time I had a dinner date who was a chemistry teacher and wanted to talk about Quantum Entanglement.

Ok, off to Toro Loco to try to watch the LSU-Alabama match, but the weren't showing it.  We ran into John in town who came in and said  "Hey the game is showing at the Rip Tide."  "What game?"

A cowboy rides his horse.  A boater doesn't walk.  We got on the boat to make the 1 mile ride in the darkness.  I lost track of the number unlit boats that cut us off at short distances.  It's lawless out there.  We made it to the Riptide a restaurant/bar on a permanently moored old wooden boat.   Assembled was not a collection of the foremost members of this society.   "Is the ground moving?"  "We are on a boat."  Our team lost, can't remember which one was ours.

We then proceeded to every waterfront club in town.  A full day for all.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment