Monday, November 7, 2011

Boat Registration

I boated over the adminstration building to pay my registration with the expired one in hand.   With no bill of sale for $96 the transferred the registration over to me and told me they had to inspect the boat. They were supposed to ask for a photo from every side, but dispensed with that. I drove the boat over, the guy gave it a glance and was done, gave me my new stickers and said I had to paint the name of the boat in big letters on the bow.  "Mi Amor"?  I think not.  Now I'll have to change the name before I paint it on the boat.  

No I had to get the registration laminated, by law, that was quick and easy, a quick walk down the street 15 minutes and $4 later I was done.   We ate, picked up some beer to give to Verne, went to his place, not a person in site, you see right through the house on the water.   I have the watch dog a pat on the head, walked up to the wall-less house and deposited our gift at the door.  Back around the other side of the island we encounted them.   Have to stop and chat.   "Hey Verne I left something for you at your house." "Thanks, did you leave her tied up?"  

More boating, went over to Bastimentos, walked over the island and swam at Red Frog Beach.  "This is the most awesome water I've seen!"   Yeah girl, I told you Panama is better than Costa Rica.   An early night, a home cooked meal and some cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment