Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting to Puno

I rode a bus from Arequipa to Puno for six hours in a seat the size of a large recliner. The total cost was 16.50 soles. There were two other passengers on the lower level and a handful on the upper level. It is difficult to grasp the economics of this. The big two level bus depreciation, wear and tear, gasoline, a driver and an attendant.

We pulled into Puno around five in the evening, a taxi shuttled me over to Marlon's House, this time it was a regular hotel. The woman at the front desk told me the charge was forty soles; I told her that Marlon's House in Arequipa told me it was thirty, which she accepted. I leave tomorrow morning, taking a bus down to Lake Titicaca from there I will take a covered boat to one of thefloating islands. I will be staying overnight and returning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment