Sunday, June 20, 2010

Coroica back to La Paz.

I decided to take public transportation. Four people tried to cut in line ahead of me while I stood at the window. Every time some asshole tried to sneak around me, I just took his money out of his hand and put it in my pocket. As appalled as I was by their behavior they couldn't believe I would just snatch their money, the clerk started waving them off. Next bus leaves in an hour. Get in line. I pretended not to understand that they wanted their money back.

Fifteen people in a minivan. Only dwarves, amputees and the diminutive Andean natives could sit in the assigned seating. Two and half hours with my knee in some poor guys back. My day pack squeezed into the limited space between me and the seat in front of me I'd like to say on my lap but it wasn't, just pressed against my chest. Jammed into a bench seat with the the metal arm rest digging into my hip. Long frigging 2 1/2 hours, then I got here and realized I left my credit card at the hotel. The road back was the new road. Far worse than the big road down on the old and infamous road. I am paying someone 50 Bolivar to bring me my credit card. That is about 7 bucks for 5 hours of hell and includes the cost of the bus ride here and then the taxi to my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment