Sunday, March 14, 2010

What brings you here (El Valle de Anton, Cocles, Panama)

I sauntered off down main street in search of a little grub. As I walked past the street vendor there was a bit of a commotion and a lot of Spanish spoken really fast. Then the word "thunder" cut through. Oh god, here we go.

Last night my pseudonym was "Bocas Thunder" assigned by my good friend Walter. Last night Thunder was at the fight, I have no idea who was boxing whom. A crowd of Columbians had gathered around the TV screen intensely watching two pugilists. Thunder had been looking for recommendations for Columbian women that come to Bocas for a test run to see if they would be fit material on a commercial basis, in the berths of sailing yachts. Everybody had recommendations. I told them that I couldn't do them all in the time required and that I needed nude high quality shots soon and that I only needed women. The the law student, my travel buddy of they day (I need somebody who speaks Spanish) was apparently embellishing the tale and telling them that I was also doing a photo shoot for Playboy.

A soft voice says "Jim, what brings you here?". I look to my left and there is a guy, in his late sixties looking at me. "Are you kidding me, probably the same thing that brings you here, this place is gorgeous." Place the face... place the face. "I don't need that proxy anymore, I am using...." Ahhhh, David, I met this guy in David on my first pass from Panama to Chiriqui this year, my brain is not completely fried. "I am so damn glad to not be in David. So what brings you here?" "I live here." "Shit, really? This is the most beautiful place in the country."

I'm not good with names. Nikki and Kim, those are easy names to remember, especially if they are associated with drop dead gorgeous Dutch women hanging in hammocks. Arnat, Hristo, Kccharrrina (actually Karina, I think but the Argentianian accent threw me off), these are much harder.

I have no clue what this guy's name is. He lives just around the corner, I should have looked him up when I came into town. Breakfast tomorrow at Bruschettas? Sure. Let's not set a time, come up to the third floor and I'll be up here with a cup of joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment