Sunday, March 14, 2010

El Valle de Anton

I might be in the friendliest, most honest city on the planet. I don't have time to go into it all now. I have to go back to the museum to see the pre-columbian artifacts that have been found all around town. The petroglyph rock was bought from a local by providing her with running water and a washboard; she was using the rock to do her laundry. The museum is closed on Sunday but the guard showed me where he lives and told me to come after mass and he would open it for me.

Every local I passed on the street gave a very warm, "Buenos Dias".

Today is market day, people are starting to swarm in. Here in the highlands it is cool, great way to spend a day


I stated yesterday that I guessed if we really wanted tamales, we could ask and some woman would go home and make some. I was correct. The market has no doors, no fence, they just leave eveything out unguarded after they close. Nobody steals anything. The wildlife here is fantastic. I am off to see the square trees, join those beautiful dutch women at the hot springs then off for a hike in the mountains.

I am in the most beautiful place I've been in Panama, so of course I don't have my camera with me. I wish I had a high fidelity audio recorder. The frogs sound like that space wars game. If you ever make it here, I highly recommend Hotel Residencial el Valle.

No comments:

Post a Comment