Tuesday, March 2, 2010

BMT BS

Four overfed gringos left Bocas del Toro and set off for Pixvae, "a named place in Veraguas, Panama" also described as "a populated place near Coiba National Park, in Verguas, Panama" in pursuit of fish.

Very shortly after entering the water taxi service I was approached by an elderly Panamanian, "Are you going to Alimirante my good friend?" Here we go. If somebody in Panama calls you a good friend, it is like an email from a Nigerian asking for help in giving you large sums of cash. There are only two stops on this shuttle and at either terminal the other is assured. I am in Bocas, the other terminal is ... Almirante. "No I am going to Limon, this boat goes to Limon, right?" After several minutes of bullshit he finally asks for money, I pointed at Walter, "Walter is very rich, he likes to give money to people, please talk with Walter." Chester got a shit eating grin on his face.

The 20 minute boat ride was uneventful. A Panamanian greeted Chester by name and grabbed Chester's bag and mine. I wanted to carry my bag.

1 comment: