Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time to Hit the Road

I seek new adventure hence I am planning on heading out to Southeast Asia for an indeterminate time, maybe six months, maybe a year.

Dogs

Jessica

Towards that end I have to find suitable accommodations for my dogs.   I took Jessica to town yesterday and four people said they would like to have her.  These are all wonderful people, but allow me to run down the reasons they want a new dog.

Mellissa:  Mellisa lives on Bastimentos.  Her last two dogs are wanderers, as are mine.  They wandered over to Red Frog beach, a journey of several miles through dense jungle and were intentionally poisoned by one of the partners.

Anna: Anna's sweet dog was accidentally poisoned by rat  poison it consumed in a restaurant kitchen.

Marjon:  Marjon's dog was run over in the street by a taxi.

Rebecca:  Rebecca has 120 acres in Napa Valley she just fell in love with Jessica.   It would be a great home but I don't think Rebecca fully understands the effort to get transport a dog across this country and get it into the U.S.

I have a few other people interested in Jessica, but I have yet to meet them.

Hayu

I believe Hayu is going to placed in a one hundred acre estate in the highlands of Chiriqui.

House

I have received some interest in renting out my house for six to twelve months, the same people who wanted to rent my house when a couple of months ago.

Today

Today I have to make a 30 mile boat trip to Aguacate and back to inspect the dock which is purportedly finally finished. After that I have some plumbing repairs and need to work on the boat. I finally located a piece of stainless steel and need to affix my bilge pump float. The fourth ceiling fan switch to go out in six months needs to be replaced.

Far East Asia

I'd like to hit Asia before the monsoon seasons, spend some time beachside and then head inland before it starts raining 12" every day. Riding across the jungle on an elephant sound different.

No comments:

Post a Comment