Monday, January 30, 2012

Plumbing Repairs

A friend of mine dropped by after hearing that I was having problems with my water supply.   This guy used to be a house builder but he can fix damn near anything.   I'm embarrassed to say it turned out to be a   defective pump.  Apparently when the tank went dry the last one just ran until it smoked itself out.  Let that be a lesson too you.  If you run out of water, shut off the power to the pump.

In to town another TropicGas propane tank, a hot water heater, a water  pump, an amazing number of pieces to adapt the pump to the water lines.  In the US it would be one piece but the stores here carry far fewer fitting parts so you do a "This gozinta that then this gozinta that" until you've created a long string that finally has the corrrect fitting on the end.   Works out for the stores I guess, they don't have to stock many fittings and when you want to do something you end up buying five times as much.

I'll make this short.  We got the hot water heater installed uneventfully.  The pump was more problematic. The shutoff switch, a separate component is also fried.  Need to get another one tomorrow.  But damn! Do I have some water pressure.  Awesome.  To take a shower all I have to do is turn on the taps run out, plug in the pump run back shower, run out turn off the pump run back shut off the shower.

Doesn't matter I'm really close.  The refrigerator is cooling.  The stove is blasting out heat.  The hot water heater rocks.   I guess I need another propane tank.  I am giving each appliance its own tank.  Right now I have two sitting in my kitchen. One of them I will 

No comments:

Post a Comment