Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pool Party

Sitting on the dock with my puppy, waiting for the water taxi while watching the snapper feed, a dolphin breached a hundred feet off shore. A few minutes later my captain showed up and took me to Casa Verde where a local was fishing off the dock wearing a Tilley. "Me gusta tu Sombrero." Turns out the guy found it floating in the water, they'll float forever. I told him they cost $70, about a week's wages, he had a hard time fathoming the fact. A school of squid swam off the dock.

Some of the dogs have been chewing on the chairs, so we've been asked to secure our dogs on the dock. Jessica started the day with a shampoo and conditioner, preening for the party. Maybe not preening, she hated it. But not as much as when walked around a large pole. I heard a yell and a splash, Jessica was hanging from her collar a few inches above the water. Five seconds later she was stunned, cradled in my arms. Ten seconds later she acted like it never happened.


Pool party time, off to catch a ride to Hacienda del Toro. Down at the transport company the owner asked if I had found my dog yet.  "Jim, you have to treat these people with respect.  If you don't treat them with respect, they'll rob you blind. I take care of my people and they take care of me."  What the f**k was that all about?  Random conjecture or just the usual.  I fired back, "So did you ever recover your belongings after your houseboat was plundered by the guy you fired?"  A sullen look.

I guess a bit annoyed at me for having failed to invest in his property he went on.  "You know I've been to your house many times while it was being built, I would never build a house out of Nispero."  Ok, the full dick press is on.  "It's been seven years, how far along is your house?  Have any walls up yet?  I guess you can not build out of a lot of things."

"I pay my people more than anybody else, that's why I have the best boat captains."  I thought back about how the last time I used one of his boats the captain couldn't find one of the most famous resort on this island.  A short while later we boarded his boat, rode over to Dolphin Bay and his captain tried to drop us off at a random location.  Fortunately we recognized the hosts yacht, saw where he was heading an the passengers directed on of "the best boat captains" to the resort.

Anybody can throw a party, but if you want an event, a couple of guys in town here take care of everything.

Too much to catch up on, so I'll just shut the hell up and post an album shot by Becky on the day of the pool party.  A guess after a week, with no idea when she is leaving, she is no longer a guest, but a roommate.  That's fine with me, she's very pleasant, makes no demands and contributes as the self described "Dish Bitch."

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rHcZHPkD0WE/TpObJlO4PmI/AAAAAAAAgw8/jwkLqjfyW80/s640/PA080156.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/111275040267764796607/HaciendaDelToroPoolParty


No comments:

Post a Comment