Monday, October 10, 2011

He's Back

Went to town, check on boat.  Another hole. Met with a guy about a party I'm throwing for my room-mate's thirtieth. I Met with a woman who wants to buy my other boat that brings it up to four interested parties.   While sitting on a stool at Casa Verde a dog ran up to me and put his head on my knee.  I looked down to see my missing, Hayu, who had disappeared from my house ten days before, about five miles away on another island.


Hayu was greeted by most of the people at Casa Verde.  There were a few guests there who had no idea what the commotion was about.   Nikelda came out from reception and informed me that Roxie was tending to her station, selling tickets for sailboat cruises, saw Hayu walking down the street and called Nikelda.   Nikelda ran down to the ticket office, got a leash and set off after Hayu.  She called out to him, but he looked over his shoulder at her and continued trotting down the street.  "No time, babe, I know where I'm going."  Right through the front gate and around to my stool.

Hayu was looking well fed but had a few small clumps of hair that fell free from his scalp.   Some minor scrapping maybe over a bitch.   He was as timid as the day I got him, life on the road didn't suit him all that well.   I took a water taxi home with Hayu and Jessica, my pup and went for an afternoon swim.  After about a quarter of a mile I felt a scratch on my shoulder as Hayu decided to climb on top of me.  I reached my end point, the Garden of Eden, turned around and swam home.   No dog to be found.   I called out for him.   My roomies told me my phone had been ringing every five minutes.   A boat pulled up to my dock.  My neighbor Jim had been called by Helena at the Garden of Eden and said "Is this your dog?"  "Dumb mutt, c'mon."  I had to explain that he had already been home and that this was not a 10 day reunion.  Thanks neighbors and everybody on the lookout for Hayu.   Lot's of great people in Bocas.

No comments:

Post a Comment