Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Boat Keys

I got the keys to the boat today.  Tomorrow I deal with the bill of sale.   Seems strange tooling around wearing life jackets.  The coast guard is out in force as he fair is in town,  an affair I'm almost certain to miss as it is purportedly mayhem of a sort that doesn't attract me.

The boat seller thanked me in person and in email for being such a straightforward person, saying that this was a rare attribute in this day and age and especially in Bocas.

With eight hundred pounds of crew and passengers the boat top ended at about 16 knots.  With just me and my dog it barely topped 20.  I have the unused prop that came with the motor, a 19 pitch, versus the 21 pitch blade that is on the engine and I will install it soon.  As the engine was unable to break 4,200 RPM it wasn't able to get into the power zone of 5-6k.   Sure it needs some more power, I'm not really in a hurry, but it's nice to get out of the way of coming weather.   I'll bide my time.  Deals come along when people leave town.

She needs some paint and the gas gauge doesn't work, but these are minor issues.  Tomorrow I should be closing on the house.






No comments:

Post a Comment