Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Panama to Miami

I am catching a five o'clock taxi in less than four hours for a half hour ride to a three hour flight. Airports are not my friend right now. I was supposed to be in London the morning of the twenty-second after a layover in Miami. The layover is now indeterminately long. Heathrow is near shut down and more snow is coming. The American Airlines segment from Panama to Miami is non-cancellable, but the the British Airways trip from Miami to London is unavailable. I guess that means I hang in South Beach for a while. Hopefully I will get to meet my niece in Fort Lauderdale, and Jim and Pat in the Florida Keys while I bide my time. A lovely woman with some winter gear and a refrigerator filled with my favorites bemoans the fickleness of nature, looks like Christmas might not happen until January.

Tonight is the night of the Winter Equinox coinciding with the full eclipse of the moon. It is a cloudless night in Panama and the moon is directly overhead.

This weeks property loss? My iTouch. Sure it sucked. The screen was cracked, the off button broken, It wouldn't transfer notes to my computer. But, it was better than nothing, it played music and took notes. What should I replace it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment