Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bocas del Toro, Panama - day one

Tonight I was greatly pleased to see that Casa Verde had completed a major renovation, including a restaurant and bar and that people were filling the rooms and restaurant to capacity. I expected to meet with a very good friend, which was realized and had the great pleasure of meeting with another very good friend who had come in from Florida.

We were joined by two very charming young Dutch women and sat and chatted all night. Unfortunately after the lightweights left I was informed by one remaining friend that all of the stuff I had stored at his house in Panama had recently been under four feet of water as a torrent of water inundated his house, tour down walls and destroyed his landscaping while filling his house with two feet of mud. Although I have apparently lost $1,000 in electronics and about $500 dollars in other goods, I felt more sorry more my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment