Friday, November 12, 2010

Ride across Roatan

Notes that will probably never be fleshed out. If I had a netbook, I could write on a bus.

Rented scooter - piece of shit won't idle have goose it while holding both brakes.

The gardens, beautiful, great view from top. Many blocked trails.

Heading east. A Pepsi delivery track roars down on me and blow its horn. This thing is going as fast as it can. A Truck cuts around me. A taxi cuts around me. Three minutes later we are all bumper to bumper for the next 15 minutes.

Parrot Tree plantation, couldn't get served at restaurant.

Road side typico comidas. Oxtail was nasty. Fish was fried to rocks. 130 Limpares. No tengo cambio. I gassed up and got some change. WTF? I was told this tank would take me from one end of the island to the other twice. It won't get me to one end of the island.

Back to view point.

City after city on the bay, housing developments. Beautiful homes on lush gardens overlooking the Caribbean.

Dirt roads, riding directly into the sun, can't see, turning around.

Heading home it is getting dark. If I look through my glasses all the spray on them makes it impossible to see. If I pull them down, dirt and bugs fly in my eyes. Cars riding up my ass.

Made it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment