Thursday, April 15, 2010

Santa Fe to Panama City my way

I was very disappointed in my real estate representative. He reneged on yet another commitment and then showed up at 11:00 for a 7:30 meeting. On my way in I ran into somebody else and discovered that he had been working on setting up a bar-b-q with somebody else. I had been discussing developing some land with him for three days and discussed the economics of smoking brisket and ham and he decided to do this with somebody else without discussing it with me. My 90 days are just about up so I thought I would just hit Columbia as I had advised him I would do a couple of weeks ago. The man has no sense of urgency or priority, I guess he has too many balls in the air. On the bus to Santiago I ran into a woman I met at the hostel last night and decided oh what the hell, why not see Santa Catalina before I blow out of here? Who knows when I'll be back. The ride to Santiago was eventless, with a very short layover. We missed our bus in Sona by minutes. I took advantage of the layover to run around town, sweat and take a few pictures. My travelling companion, Irma a Manhattan corporate tax attorney spent the time on skype in the internet cafe, checking up on her ill sister. They wouldn't let her install skype or use the wireless. I took out here laptop, disconnected the cat 5 cable, plugged into her lap top and said "Here you go. I'm from Detroit."

Irma got off the bus at some place she booked on line. She thought it was in Santa Catalina, in fact it is about 10 miles out. I took the bus to the terminal and walked around town before deciding where I was going to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment