Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cartagena, Columbia

The wifi was down at the Jungle in Panama City yesterday. Thought we'd just wing it. I get held up leaving the airport as I had been in Panama 93 days. It took about 1/2 hour to pay the 60 dollar fine. The flight was uneventful. I exchanged 100 dollars for 175,000 pesos not a great deal, parity rate would be about 195,0000 but I had just cashed out $500 from the ATM in Panama in preparation for a little more anal probing at migration.

The taxi fair to Casco Viejo was $8 so I gave the driver a tenner and got 5,000 pesos back. This was a bit simpler in Panama. First hostel we went to was full, the called another, a woman came down the street to "pick us up" we walked the two blocks to stay at San Roque. 3 Bedroom airconiditioned dorm is 20,000 pesos. Good internet access. I'm off to take some photos. It is really frigging hot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment