Monday, August 5, 2013

Shit Needs to be Tended to

Well at least my computer has a charge.

I discovered there is a lot of good stuff on youtube today, it's not all music.  I watched "Pablo Escobar, King of Coke." Just as it ended, my batteries ran low and my electricity went out.  Not much sun lately I haven't had a full charge in days.  My generator went out a few days ago.  I could probably fix it myself but its easier to take it town and let somebody else do it.  The number of trips I would have to make if I attempted myself looking for parts is more than I want to deal with.

I believe I got my new lower unit for my panga delivered, I have to put that on.  And I have to go to Dolphin and carry down a thousand pound generator a long way down a hill along with a shitload of wire and a refrigerator.  I give up on that place, I can't find any reliable help and it needs too much work.

So what do I have here a weeks worth of work? Well, It's Bocas, I am not booking another flight on the expectation that it will completed.  I have booked two that I missed.

A woman waiting impatiently for me in Key West, thinks she's ready to sail.  Last I heard she didn't have a battery in her EPIRB, which is a mandatory device that signals the Coast Guard and broadcast your location.  Boat's sink.  Shit happens.  Any through hull fitting, drive shafts, exhaust, toilets is a potential problem.  Yeah and we need an SSB radio.  VHF is only good for 10 to 15 miles depending on your wattage and antenna. And an engine out?  What is  your rush for me to get there? We each have things to tend to.

Typing in the dark, no lights on, the computer draws a lot of insects. Now I have no watar, the pressure tank is out and the pump, of course, needs electricity.

A woman is coming over to clean my house tomorrow, I guess I will have to send her right back. Hard to do without water and I don't expect the batteries will be charged until noon, that's if it doesn't rain. That would disappoint her, I can get five gallon buckets filled with gravity from my water tanks.

Got to run around town and try to collect some debts. One will be easy, as soon as I ask him to he will paypal the money.  The thieving Indian worker at the finca is a lost cause.  The detective I lent $2,000 to, I sent him an email and told him I have a copy of every email and phone message about the loan and I have the deposit slips for the money I deposited in his account.  The woman who built a resort in Loma Partida with a generator she was going to pay me for in February of last year?  That's a writeoff. You're welcome, glad be of service.  I even picked up and drove it to the most remote island here for you.  Well, I got some otoy soup for my contributions.

Why can't I sleep? I didn't sleep at all last night and now its three in the morning.  This lack of sleep is showing.

So tomorrow its off to town to buy three tanks of propane, 30 pounds of dog food, 30 pounds of groceries and haul them all up a hundred stairs.

After I bail my boat out probably.

Well, I've found a family of four ready to move into my house, try to keep things going, take care of the dogs.  They are Indians that live next door on a giant wooden boat a marine architectural nightmare.  The thing is enormous and really top heavy.  I have no idea how many other Indians are living boat and working at the resort but I suspect its a lot.  So if you want to take care of the grounds and the cleaning which always be done.  Dead bugs on window sills in rails.  The guys are from Kuzapin. I have a great feeling about this.

Its funny, in some areas, like Dolphin Bay they all seem to be lazy thieves. So boats, outboards, generators, house wiring, batteries, gas tanks, this stuff gets stolen all time.

In Solarte, not productive, but honest.My gardener, an awesome guy got a full time job. I asked if there were any other good workers there and he told me no.  A guy down the way was building a compound and my gardener was the only person he hired out of a community of hundreds.

In Bluefields, they are amazing.  I had a couple of those guys clean my house.  I had a coffee cup on the table with some change and a few dollars.  I left.  When I came back there was $25 in the cup.  I don't why I leave money, just bills that fall out of my pockets. Bluefields is near Playa Verde where I left my wallet on my boat with $500 in it and went to bed.  The next morning I was patting pockets, what the hell.  An Indian on the shore so me and pointed at my boat.  Yup there it was, unmolested.

Well I am thirsty I guess I go drain water from a tank. Enough of this, It's three let me go try to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment