Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Brain Farts

I have been chastised by a few faithful readers that there has been paucity of postings lately.  This primarily attributable to the fact that I haven't been doing shit.  The amount of rain we have received in the last few weeks is difficult to comprehend, daily reports of just sitting on my deck with my dogs seems a bit much.

I have a few things scattered about that warrant attention.  More than a few, but I am inclined to allow these to be tended to by others, or just abandon these possessions and move on.

Admittedly, I vacillate between states of impressive productivity, slothfulness, self indulgence, and debauchery that I wont report. If I didn't personally know many of my readers I'd consider it, but those that don't know me would find these events dubious, the product of an inventive mind.

Pretty young things that want a few days of adventure, fly in from remote places, spend a little time and then head on.  But then go for weeks with nobody, not a soul, turn off the phone and be comforted by not much more companionship than the dogs at my feet, the geckos and frogs who frequent this place and an enormous quantity of birds.

OK, I will admit to an obsessive attraction to young hotties. Sure, you want to fly in run around naked, clean my house, cook for me and then leave?  Time and time again.

Be different, don't pierce your nose.

"Tourists are easier to pick up.  But my dad gets more ass from girls my age than I do."

Spam is dog food and insipid at that when it's 3 bucks for 340 grams and hamburger is but $1.25 a pound.

Down 186 ampere hours and no sunshine is forthcoming.  Well, the tanks are full.
 
Boat bailing.

Yeah, the dogs obey hand signals. You've never seen that?  Come, sit , stay, lie  down, heel, fetch and retrieve, dance together on your back legs, that's not a lot. It can be taught in a week.


When faced with adversity perhaps other options should be considered.
Wednesday, 7/31

8:39 Enough sun to get power but now there is none in town, so I have no internet.I have to check on my stocks can we have some frigging internet?

Windows 8 sucks donkey ass.

How can a guy that has 20 pairs of $300 shoes sitting in somebody's house in Texas not even possess a pair of sandals? Island life is different, but attempting to  board a plane in rubber boots might create some issues.

Continual disruptions of electrical  service in Bocas, uncollected garbage, streets with vultures feasting on waste of unknown origin.

Those guys, running through the jungle and shooting the hell  out of things?  They are with the CIA, worst kept secret in Bocas.

All right, I'll admit, I've booked two flights and and missed them both. Somebody is getting more than a little antsy waiting for me.

Birds, ants, mantises, moth, geckos, frogs, spiders and that fucking scorpion. Lobsters, a ray and a few dolphins popped by today.   There is a mound of insects on the kitchen floor, I guess I should take care of that and keep the doors closed.

Just a cayuco with a lufting sail.  

Oh shit, out of dog food.  Off to town.  Then the motor died. Are you fucking kidding me?  This thing has fewer than a couple of hundred hours on it, it's what a month old?  No tools, it's my little skiff.  While bobbing in waves just a few feet high water continually washed over the stern.  I can't bail, set anchor and repair this thing all at once.  Ahh, just a clogged vent on the gas tank, remove the top and off I go.

Off I go, to town, to be greeted by 8 heavily armed guys at the dock.  AK47s and  flak jackets. Well, greeted is not the right word as I knew not a one of them.  I know most of the cops in this little town, they will give me rides  when I can't find a taxi. What the hell is going on here?  This place is getting strange. So, I walked barefoot across a large expanse of broken glass and procured a couple of pounds of hamburger for the pups.  Gotta do what you gotta do. Life goes on.
I suspect my life is a bit different than yours.

So at 6:05 I get a request to have a few people live here, Ians Worker, 66521978.  Just a note to myself.  This is particularly fortutious.

Charts of the waters of Cuba, yeah, I can do that tomorrow.

"I don't mean to molest you, but..."  Ok, I got it, you mean bother. Your English is far better than my Spanish.

"Did you catch your flight?"  Oh man, the stories I could tell.

"Come see me in hell, I'd love your company." Now that's an invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment