Thursday, June 28, 2012

I hate San Jose

I have a lot of catching up to do.  Doubt I ever will.

Still at the dentist when the last bus to Puerto Viejo pulled out at 4:00.  Shit another day in San Jose.

Signs in English

Price Mart Membership Shopping, Payless Shoe Source, McDonald's,Kentucky Fried Chicken, Sherwin Williams Paint Covers the World, Wendys, Best Brands, Taco Bell,
Fight House Martial Arts, Dupont Assurance of Quality, Jessica's Furniture, Subway, Purdy Motor, Popeyes, Louisana Kitchen.  Dr. Robert Veterinary Hospital, Catering Services.....

I get a cab.

An English speaking announcer on the radio, Men down under followed by the Guess Who.  The cabbie sings along.

I have entered a parallel universe.

Turn down a side streat.  1" square bars 10 feet tall every four inches around every house front back and sides.  Topped by razor wire.  Some signs saying the fences are electrified.

A cabbie who doesn't know north from south.

The address of the hotel is
Jose Maria Zeledon
From La Kabana Bar
100 Meters South
200 Meters East

The taxi driver screams at people in the street asking where this bed and breakfast is.
Nobody knows.  It's a house, there is no sign.  How would they know?  In English he screams... "Jesus f..king Christ" oh, the chino won't know anything. 

After an hour of listening to him bitch I had him pull over. I politely asked somebody which way was north.  I told the cabbie to turn right.   Turn right again.  There it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment