Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dead Batteries


I needed a tow to town. The engine wouldn't crank. I attempted to jump the battery and the jumper cables started smoking. Another day at the Rip Tide watching my boat being repaired. Funny to be sitting on boat making an extreme effort to sink while watching the activities of my mechanic. Yeah, he is mine, I think I am his sole means of support. Both batteries? Jesus, Frank I asked you to install this battery two days ago. He installed a battery that I had bought weeks previously, knowing that these batteries were going. He reinstalled my rub rail, cleaned out my lower unit, fetched 11 gallons of gas for me. $40 for the labor $60 for 11 gallons of gas. Off to the Pickled Parrrot.

A girl in Cuba is $5? Thanks, I guess. I don't buy women. Random tourists. Strange conversations.

Judy: “Jim, stay at my place. You can't even see your island. There is no moon.” Judy runs a place on the other side of Carenero. Her sister was killed by Wild Bill, a serial killer from the states who shot people to get bearer stocks for the corporations that own your houses. Almost every gringo who owns a house has corporation with the sole assets being the house. Oh yeah and last November an American girl disappeared from this same established after a very loud fight at the house. Everybody knows it was her boyfriend. It's been all over the news. A documentary is being filmed about it.

“Jim you can't leave your boat here. It's not cuz you have your ass to the sea. This storm coming will rip down this dock if you are tied to it.” Good advice. I made a hasty departure, didn't even pay my bill.

Jesus. That is some thunder. Quite the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment