Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

The kids slept late after a grueling trip down here.   By the time they had gotten up the daylight was half over.  After a spectacular morning the weather turned from bright and sunny to cloudy.  We popped over to see Clyde and Verne.   Verne has gone to the states.  Clyde was in the shower.  We walked the grounds and Clyde came out clad in nothing but a towel, the most amount of clothing I had ever seen him in.

Mark had an urgent need to use a toilet.  Too much hot sauce, me thinks.   He was directed to the toilet.  There is no front door, the window is low and Mark is a big boy.   As we stood looking at the Caribbean Danielle got a grin on his face when Mark dropped his trousers.  The bottom of his ass cheeks, was higher than the bottom of the window sill.   Things are different out here.

We started to head to Red Frog beach but it started to rain again so we headed home and installed some hammock hooks.   You need some oversized pilot holes when screwing into Nispero, one of the hardest woods on earth.

More work on the refrigerator, I took every component of the fuel system apart and tested them individually and then end to end.   This thing should be working.   Tomorrow I'll try a tank of Panagas which everyone tells me is far superior to Tropigas.  I much prefer the Panagas regulators.   Hell, I've got a Panagas tank and regulator, so I just need to exchange it for a full tank.   If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.  A guy had a refrigerator just like mine for sale.  New they are $1,200 he was selling an eight month old one for $400, I almost bought it now I really wish I had.  I don't remember his name.  

I sorted through all of my tools and filled my tool bag.  I had lots of duplicates and some pretty exotic tools that I wouldn't want to carry around all the time as there is probably nothing here that would require them so all I could do is bear the weight, get them rusty and lose them.

Off to the Cosmic Crab for dinner.  Ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, crab bisque, salmon patties with caviar, stuffing, etc.   We sat on the dock and ate way too much then walked down to return the torch we borrowed, back on the boat to town to return the drill we borrowed.   Back home to an early night.   We can't be sleeping all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment