Monday, September 27, 2010

Still Hanging

This is getting to be a routine. For the third day in a row I spent most of the day coding while sitting in Flayva's restaurant in San Ignacio, Belize. I am a bit behind on a java development project and this is a productive environment.

Coffee is a finger wag away, the music is not distracting and the internet, well, it works... most of the time although it can be painfully slow.

A friend of my elder son posted that he is pulling out of Facebook. I considered how much time I had frittered away and decided to abstain for a month. Most of the activity was friends of friends; people I have never met who friended me and then post something every two minutes. A simple thread could be dominated by two people who take over a wall post and turn it into a chat room. Enough.

I blocked postings on my wall, prohibited the most egregious individuals from seeing my posts or commenting on them and gave notice that I was not going to be on for a while.

It is almost seven in the morning; where is my coffee? I can't hang here for more than a few more days without renewing my visa. Before I leave I would like to see Actun Tunichil Muknal.

No comments:

Post a Comment