Sunday, September 26, 2010

San Ignacio and Matthew

Hurricane Matthew struck much farther south than initially anticipated. Yesterday was like a work day. Up around six, I had a few coffees, breakfast of fry jacks, bacon, scrambled eggs, beans and fruit. After surfing and killing a little time on facebook I rebooted into linux and started programming. It was a little slow at first, I didn't have my memory muscles in place, but in the end it was a very productive day. After a light rain I walked up to Cahal Pech, programmed some more and made another trip. That can't be much more than five miles, I need to get my mileage up and my food consumption down. I had curried lamb at an Indian restaurant with various Indian breads.

The cute little mestizo behind the counter dispatched somebody from the kitchen to fetch me a paper. I was disappointed to find in this little oasis of apparent tranquility has its own problems. Last Thursday a man was hit on the head with a rock, stabbed under the arm pit and in the gut and thrown into the river; robbed for $25 Belize (12.50 USD).

I returned and coded until ten, when the restaurant closed. It was a quiet night in town; not much to do or see so I just went to bed. This morning, around five I was actually cold, I scrounged around and found a sleeping bag. I stayed in bed until I was awakened by "Peace Train" playing in the restaurant beneath me.

Perhaps I should stick here another day and get some more coding done; I am behind schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment