Thursday, January 28, 2010

Taxi

I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. This was a quick $1.50 taxi fare. When I got done I couldn't find a taxi that was unoccupied so I walked about half a mile to a large avenue and waved one down. He stopped, as I opened the back door to find a startled old woman he opened the front door. I told him I wanted to go to "Casa Bambu", he said "Bambu House?", "si". After backing up the old woman's driveway he opened the door and led her to the house. We then pulled back down the driveway, closing the door by banging it against the gate post on the way down. He then drove me to a bar called, curiously enough "Bamboo House" which was not my hostel. The phone number I had for the hostel was not corrected. I told him hostel about a dozen times and he took me to the other hostel in town. The woman came to the gate, knew what I was talking about, called my hostel and handed the phone to the driver. I made it back and wrote down the correct number.

No comments:

Post a Comment