Sunday, January 17, 2010

Camera Calamity

I had inquired about a park in the canal zone that had six hours of guided hiking in the jungle in the canal zone. Closest thing the desk clerk knew was Summit Park. Cab far each direction was discounted to $20, its a long and not terribly interesting story. Admission to the park was $1. That was a fair price. Not a great place. Mowed lawns and animals behind fences.

I had to guide the taxi driver to my hostel/hotel and when I got out there was a bang and the f***ing camera was on the ground with the lens cap across the street. G** D*** F****** C****, M***** F****** !#&#@$!^(. One frigging day. I retrieved the lens cap and tried to take a picture and the camera displayd "No Lens Attached." Now I was really pissed. I took the lens off, reattached it and only got one of the 11 focal points illuminated. I took a picture, put it in auto mode 7 out of 11, what the hell? This thing is working. Then I walked up the five flights of stairs to my room for the eigth time of the day, dropped off my backpack and walked around downtown taking pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Well glad to see you made it safe and sound.
    Have you thought about using the neckstrap on the camera. Jeez Bud, I can't believe you dropped it, but really glad to see that it is working.

    ReplyDelete