Monday, January 18, 2010

Now that's a knife

My gurkha was seized by Panamanian security on my way back to the states. The guy at the airport said "You can't take that knife in here."

I thought "what knife" I checked my backback. Oh that 18" fighting knife behnind the rubber float bag. Shit. I ended up giving it to him. He got a really awesome blade.

I bought a Columbian 24" 1/8" machete today with a nice leather sheath for $10. The blade edge was worthless, course ground on a wheel. Not nearly as good for killing and chopping as my ghurka but better for clearing grass to walk on. Got to make sure the bushmasters and fer-de-lances aren't there. I was sharpening this thing back at the hostel on the porch. Despite the fact that I am down to two bags I still have two diamond hones. "How do you know when you are done?" "When I can cut a free hanging 1/2" piece of hemp rope in single blow."

No comments:

Post a Comment