Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sombra Robinson

I went to the bank and withdrew money from the ATM. I chose "other amount" and entered $600.

The machine dispensed $500 and gave me a receipt indicating that my account was debited for $600. I was advised that I should go to the bank as soon as it opened to initiate a dispute. Without howler monkeys screaming at me at the break of dawn I sleep a bit later. I figured I would go to the pharmacy and buy an alarm clock. Walter suggested that I just buy a cell phone as it would probably cost the same.

In line behind me was a young Antillean man who engaged me in conversation. He informed me that he had a boat and could take me out if I so desired. The cost? "The cost of gas and a little money for my time." He entered his phone number into my phone and we went by the power plant to check out his boat. It seemed sea worthy, a seven meter center console glass panga.

The next day he called me and asked if I wanted to go out. I indicated that a trip to Salt Creek seemed to be in order and 1/2 an hour later he was on the dock behind my apartment. We headed over to the Marina. He pumped in 25 gallons of gas and 2 pints of oil for his outboard two stroke engine.

Sombra then told me that I needed to pay the attendant.
"Sombra, I agreed to pay for the gas we used, not to fuel your boat for the week."

"But we had an agreement."

"I only want the boat for one day, a trip to Salt Creek and back is about 6 gallons."

"You can have the boat tomorrow."

"I don't want the boat tomorrow."

"How am I going to pay for this gas?"

"I hope you are good at sucking dick... good luck."

Then I walked to the Cosmic Crab and caught a water taxi back.

No comments:

Post a Comment