Saturday, August 29, 2009

Moving On - Next Stop Puerto Viejo

Saturday 2008-08-29 AM

Tomorrow I am moving with my goods to my new home. Hopefully this will satisfy me for years to come. I have an occupant in my house. I pay the mortgage, the insurance, the property tax and repairs and he pays me nothing. Will somebody please buy my house.

This week’s final gonzo post.

This morning I set off too early to book transportation to Puerto Viejo. I finally found something open around 7:30. Unfortunately the girl worked for a booking company, not Interbus and couldn’t find the hotel I was staying at after I gave her a business card and pointed it out on the map. She said, “that is the bungee jump company”, no dear, but you’re close. Actually this is where my friggin’ hotel is, which is near but just past the bungee jumping place. She told me the shuttle company could not find the place, and that I should show up at the bus company with my bags. I tried to explain to here that “door to door” service does not mean the company office to my hotel.

Rather than, well any of the large number of antisocial acts that were scrolling through my head suggestions for action in bad horror film I simply told her I would be back at 8:30. At the scheduled time I went directory to the Interbus office and the entire transaction took maybe 1 minute. He wrote down “Hotel Ruth”, which is not anywhere near “ApartHotel Arenal” in name, but Ruth is the owner and I figured we were good. I confirmed “they will take all of my bags and pick up at the hotel?” He have me a big nod, a thumbs up and big “Pura Vida”
Packing

Four duffel bags, a suitcase, two back packs and a computer are packed.

Here is my sportsman GPS. Where is the belt clip? Is it packed?

Rocking chair in box? Check. Did I really walk across town with that on my head a couple of days ago?

Belt clip for GPS? Who the hell knows.

Look under the beds. Behind the bathroom drawer. Whatever, it’s either packed or gone.

Catch the bus and move on.

CNBC commentators are arguing. Do I even have a TV hookup at the new house? If I get satellite will it point straight up?

Tools, where are all of my tools? A man needs tools, wrenches, screw drivers, things that cut and grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment