Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Move Karl and Sell Car

I got a blood blister last night on my left foot while walking around Austin in sandals. Lots of pics of bats from Congress Street Bridge, home of the largest urban bat colony in North America. Today already looks over booked. I have to drive to Karl’s new house, a duplex near downtown Austin, empty the truck and then drive across Austin repeatedly to move the big screen TV, desk, recliner, bed, and the rest that sounds like about 6 trips. In addition to all that I have to sell the truck. Mark is coming down this evening.

Having no great desire to see how the money pit is doing I didn’t drop by the old house. Should have picked up the back seat to my Expedition, apparently it adds $500 value to the car. The registration expired while I was in Michigan. In order to transfer title I need to have a current registration. Past due registrations can only be renewed in the county in which the car is registered. As Mark is still in Southlake, hanging out with Kwame Kilpatrick, I called him at 4:30 and asked him to blast down to Town Center, where they would of course ask for proof of insurance and a letter of authorization from the corporate secretary. I called Sriram to ask him to create a letter and was on my phone with the insurance company when Mark laughed and asked “Have you gotten any tickets for exprired registration?”. I denied having received any and he started laughing and said “I got it” before I could coordinate getting the necessary paperwork to him to finish the transaction. Ok, I guess I’ll sell the car tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment