Thursday, November 7, 2013

Facebook Groups

Puerto Viejo

Bocas Open Forum

Roxy Demaurex Balemm
Hello!!
So today 4 Israelis (ofcourse) stole 2 bed sheets from mondo when they checked out today.. I got back my bed sheets from them after chasing them to Hotel Las Brisas ( where they are currently.. ) the girl told me cold faced that they have no sheets.. ofcourse i stand up straight and demand my bed sheets...so I will paste their information for you guys to pay attention on these THIEVES!!!

Rowan Snashall M8732060
Liron Seliktar M183386...See More
  • LETS CHECK THEM OUT BEFORE THEY CHECK IN!.. This group is for all Hostel and Hotel members in Panama.. lets post any weird situation with our guests so we are all aware of evrey situation that may p...
  • 48 members
  • Annemarie Holwerda rox your awesome!
  • Roxy Demaurex Balemm hahaha thanx mami linda
  • Yorlenis Deprintemps Aquí Vino Una Muy Arrogante, Estoy Segura Que Era Ella....
  • Rene De la Iglesia Cuando van a poner el letrero que se prohibe la entrada a isrraeltas!
  • Lauren Ziemski Stealing sheets? Ridiculous
  • Roxy Demaurex Balemm Hahaha I know
  • Iza Tamas Do people have no shame these days? Sheets? Really?!
  • Gary Yopack ... 4 Israelis (ofcourse)... ? Exactly what are you implying?
  • El CR Come on Gary, you know what it means...
  • Gary Yopack Sorry El CR, I don't know what she meant and neither do you as you did not make the original statement.
  • Shannon Thomas the racism on the page sometimes is disturbing. sorry you had bed-sheet-thieves to deal with, while their actions were rude and uncalled for - I'm not sure the racism is necessary... just saying, and not only in reference to this post or this particular nationality. in a place where everyone still likes to appear to live off of this "one love" mantra it sure seems it is only love for people most like themselves. i'm glad you got the sheets back, but I would like to invite everyone to consider separating bad actions or bad people from their race, class, nation or religion.
  • Gary Yopack Well said Ms. Thomas.
  • Tom O'Flaherty Respect due Shannon...
  • Joan Bergmans What ROXY means has nothing to do with Racism but with respect....As a business owner myself (and many others) i have an endless list of being treated without respect and even being threatened by people from Israel. I did read a lot about their culture to try and understand their way of talking and negotiating but it's hard not to judge when they keep on acting disrespectfully towards me, my friends and family.
    17 hours ago · Edited · Like · 6
  • El Joules same here... it's just ridiculous how rude they can be. There's no comparison with any other nationality. They are by far the clients who make the most havoc, steal, insult, destroy property, etc. 

    If they're traveling in a group, many times we prefer
     to say we're booked instead of taking the risk of being fucked... 

    I'm not saying every single one, but LOTS of them are assholes... how can one distinguish a nice person from a bad one? It's difficult, isn't it?

    Why is it like this? I really don't know... but there is obviously something very wrong with how many Israelis are brought up...

    I'm sure many people who work tourism here can come up with a very long list of things they've personally witnessed that are simply outrageous...
    17 hours ago · Like · 6
  • Shannon Thomas Alright, I was certainly not trying to start a war over any particular nationality or point fingers at any one person (sorry to have chosen your particular post Roxy, was just making a point) but I still stand my ground that it is pointless and useless to focus on any person's particular background unless you plan on just barring them from your business- which may not be so helpful after all. I also work in tourism in Bocas and did so for many years in Costa Rica - and while I have not particularly had any recurrent issues with Israelis, I have had many issues with other nationalities or races that I will not mention here - because I don't see how it is helpful to me or others. What is helpful is stand up to difficult people, as Roxy did, and to know how to demand respect and be respectful in return. You may not agree with me, but I am very tired of all of the different sorts of racism etc that I have witnessed in Bocas thus far (worse than anything I experienced in years living in the southern US, Africa and other countries of Latin America) and so my invitation stands to those who also find it limiting - to try to be move beyond it whenever possible...
    16 hours ago · Like · 3
  • El Joules cheers to that!
    16 hours ago · Like · 1
  • George Jackson ... And lets not get started on the Argentines!
    15 hours ago · Like · 4
  • Alex Magee Shannon, calling a black man 'black' is not racist, its a statement of fact. Stating that a nationality is by and large disrespectful of people who don't have the same passport is not racist either. It is also a statement of fact. I don't understand why this means that automatically Israeli people will be banned from businesses? It annoys me how many politically correct watchdogs prowl facebook waiting for the chance to pounce out and cry 'racism' or 'sexism'. Now I am not saying that these are not issues, i am simply saying that we seem to live in an atmosphere where people are unable to talk about such issues for fear of being labeled a racist.....
    15 hours ago · Like · 4
  • Fiona Mann how are we supposed to know who they are if their origin isn't mentioned, the whole point is to alert people in business of trouble makers, be they white, black or pink....if she'd said these English guys stole the sheets would you cry "rascist" then? ...See More
    13 hours ago · Like · 6
  • Renay Hallman AGAIN, thanks for the entertainment. Way to take something way to far. JEEZ!! My favorite tenants were the Panamanians from PC that tell you they are 4 but are 7 because they don't consider children and nannies people!! HAHA!
    13 hours ago · Edited · Like · 3
  • Roxy Demaurex Balemm I think Fiona Mann just answered what I wanted to write or reply to this post!! That's why I hate sometimes writing on groups !! Everyone is so sensitive and not even that, sensitive is good but, the way of over reacting , dramatizing and twisting words!! It quite impressive !! Anyways !! Thanks Fionna and the rest that understands the context!! Shalom everyone! 😊
    12 hours ago via mobile · Like · 5


OK, so we all get conned at some point in Bocas... But, this new con artist is not a local, and told me last week, and I quote: "Roberto, a man is just as good as his word", well he proved what he is this morning....
Like ·  · Follow Post · November 5 at 11:47am
  • Joe Bonerigo and who is this man ?
  • Joe Bonerigo one word... Denuncio
  • Monique Born Sorry this happened to you Roberto. There are unethical people everywhere 
  • Chris Maesel o.k. he will get no more customers from tiotoms Guesthouse!
    18 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Chris Maesel and i will tell this to all my other friends or hotel owners to do the same
    18 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Cookie Evans Who is this guy please inbox me. Thanks
  • Cookie Evans Thanks
  • Ginette Bariteau I'll clear up the situation for everyone. The guy Rob is talking about is Arron Schille, a friend of ours, and we were the ones who presented Arron to Rob & Deb. My husband and I have been involved with the purchase of Scuba 6 since the beginning and we can honestly say there is 2 sides to this story. For you guys to take at face value such a serious accusation without knowing any of the facts is not only unfair it is irresponsible. As soon as the first person asks, I will post a bit more publicaly right on this page, I don’t need to hide behind PMs
  • Joe Bonerigo Do tell...
  • Joe Bonerigo That's me asking
  • Ginette Bariteau This is how the story started. Arron asks Rob to show him his financials which is an important thing to do when buying and trying to assess the worth of a business you are thinking of buying. The financials show the purchase of assets such as a computer and educational material necessary for any dive shop to be functional. Well Arron arrives and Rob takes off with the computer saying it is his. Then instead of leaving all the edu material as reflected in the financials, Rob tells Arron if he wants them he’ll have to fork out an additional $2500!!! And that was only the beginning. Things overflowed when Arron woke up one day with a capitain that flat out refused to sign a contract because he had been jilted by Rob and would not be jilted again. Rob had gotten caught by caja/seguros and in order to baill his butt out Rob asked the capitain to lie to caja. To make a long story short, capi lied, capi got jilted, Rob passed Go and collected the $$$ Now the capi new Rob was selling the business and had warned him he would not sign any more contracts. How convinient of Rob to have ‘forgotten’ to tell Arron his capi had warned him months before Arron’s arrive that he would never again sign a contract. Now everybody living here knows how that can get you into some deep shit. Especially when it’s a dive shop and your caja problems is with your captain and who has the boat
  • Roberto van Heijningen WOW Ginette Bariteau how wrong can you get??.... Of course there is always 2 sides to a story, but the things you are saying are just misinformed. The boatcaptain "Roberto" wanted to stay on with Arron as we asked him to do so. (as you know VERY well, ...See More
  • Ginette Bariteau No Rob, there is not 2 sides to a story, there are 3. Yours, Arron's and mine in the middle as an impartial witness and your long drawn out response proves my point. I will not waste my time by answering your twisted bullshit excuses for washing your dirty laundry in a public forum, trying to make people believe you are totally innocent and work very hard on trying to ruin a person's reputation using PMs to hide behind - this is totally unacceptable. And if you don't want people butting in don't post publicly. End of story.
  • Roberto van Heijningen OK Ginette: First of all YOU choose to go public not me. Second, none of the responses I made are "twisted bullshit excuses" but actual facts and just stated on this public forum, because YOU started making accusasions, based on half and misinterpreted information on this public forum. I am not the one trying to ruin someones reputation. I am only telling what is true. I do not know how you can be impartial when you clearly take a side without even having heard my side of the story. I will gladly tell you this first hand, so you are welcome to come over. Better yet, Pls be impartial and lets sit the 3 of us. You, Arron and me. Arron can talk, I can talk and you can be the mediator and impartial witness. Lets say tomorrow at 10 am my place?

It is Tuesday morning. Be careful with the ATM again. Just went there, said we got our money but we didn't. Still came out of our account. Third time now!
Like ·  · Follow Post · November 5 at 10:59am near Bocas del Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment