Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Boat - Water Taxis


Over 900 pounds gone.  Still counting.  She floats on the water, not in the water.   Sure hope I get her back before the water taxi operators go on strike, maybe that's just a rumor.

Strange place.  They complain about too much competition.   There are ten idle boats at Bocatorenos Botas because they don't have captains.

Some guy picked me up this morning and wanted $25.  That's $4 a mile.   I gave him $10.  We argued.   "Nobody would do that for $10."  Red Frog is right across the way.  That's a $4 or $5 ride apiece for two or more. I pulled out my cell phone and read him 10 names that do.  Hey capitan, I didn't arrive yesterday.  He told me to stop using the co-op  The dispatcher and my regular drivers stood behind and just shook their heads.   I saw him again on the way back out of town.  He scowled.  Another operator was glad to take me home for $10.

I was at the gas dock with the taxi driver, Eddy.  Victor asked me, "Jim, when do you get your boat back?"  "You know Worth?"  He laughed, "Eventually."

No comments:

Post a Comment