Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dock Posts

Today I plan to put on some dock posts.  There is no way to tie my boat on both sides and the dock is at a height that the gunwhale alternates between being above the dock and below the dock.  When the tide pushes the boat toward the dock and rises or falls it damages the rubrail.  An Indian would simply pick up a one hundred pound rock and drop  it on the posts for hours on end.  I am not in that kind of shape.

My gardener has left to attend a religious retreat in David until March and I can't find another willing to do the work.   So my alternative is to boat 12 miles, pick up a special pipe, go to town, try to find an adapter, go to a friends and pick up a high volume water pump and then blow a hole in.  Installation should be but a few minutes.   I then have to return everything.  This is far more work on my side and will cost far more money.   

Maybe I should just ask around some more.  Coffee on the deck while I mull this over.  I really need to build a boat house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment